COACHES in Denmark, it’s no secret that the Danish Business Market LOVES Coaching! Here you can find a coach for lifestyle, sales, styling and business development and more and everywhere, it seems they took one favorite American Title and plastered it all over. But how well does Denmark understand the definition? Given that there is no true accreditation for coaching, it is almost as scary a territory for a consumer to navigate as chosing a Marketing and PR Firm so here are a few tips to help you read between the lines of any Coach and or Consultant.
1. What have they, themselves achieved. Just as I would never pick a Realtor who does not him or herself own property, I would surely never pick a coach who has not manifested for themself what he or she is about to preach that they can help you achieve.
2. If the website still has the latin placeholder information from the template they are using to build their site, chances are they are an amateur. Also, are they using a Blog as their main site’s website or have they actually invested in their own business and the marketing thereof?
3. Trust yourself, if you don’t feel comfortable or get a “bad vibe” respectfully decline further contact.
4. Check references, this is so easy now-a-days in this world of Social Networking and online marketing profiles. GOOGLE them, their business and personal name.
5. Demand accountability; as a contractor in construction must deliver on contracted services so should a Coach, set realistic goals not just together with your Coach for your business but also for their accountability and the conversion their coaching will generate.
6. Look at their Shoes & Jewels! Yes, I think like this as I am obsessed with quality, luxury and fashion but truly it was something I learned long ago. Pay attention to their clothes, do they wear them well, are they tailored or messy and cheap…I am sure I don’t need to explain further why. True, all should be treated equally well, regardless of socio-economic status but should be and are, are two different things. We live in a world were money talks and it is the HNWI who make the really important decisions that impact us all. So live and breathe this concept. “It takes Money to make Money.”
7. Stretch your operating budget; find a coach willing to trade services if you are not in the position to afford their services. There are enough out there, many brand new needing both experience and references for their portfolio. This is actually true for most of your business needs, LEVERAGE is Key my Lovelies!
Lastly, where there is Vision there is Opportunity and where there is opportunity there is growth, plant your seeds today! #Evolve beyond your resources. #Never limit yourself!
I welcome your comments and of course new connections!